Traditional appointment system is the pioneer in the appointment system sector where the whole appointment procedure is maintained manually. Traditionally the system is based on register books maintained by a clerk who is responsible for keeping entries on each and every appointment made. In this traditional appointment system you have to go the prospects office to make an appointment. After you have made an appointment you can meet your prospect on the appointed day and time.
As we all know the traditional appointment system is the pioneer in making appointments but in this modern world where everything is going fast, everything can be done in a more facilitated way, this is a backdated system which is very rigorous for the clients now a day. Thats why many organizations are avoiding this system now. Because it is slowing down their work. Lets take a look at the 5 main problems of a traditional appointment system.
1. Kills time: The first problem of a traditional appointment system is that it kills a lot of time. In this traditional system you need to be physically present. Suppose you want to meet a lawyer or a doctor. So, according to this system you have to go to the chamber of the lawyer or doctor whomever you want to meet. So, it is a very time killing endeavor.
2. Kills energy: Lets suppose you need to make an appointment with a doctor. Now, according to this system you have to go the doctors chamber which is quite often a very long journey to make. So, if you have to make an appointment you have to go through that exhausting journey. We can easily say that it kills a lot of your energy.
3. Lack of efficiency: In this case of traditional appointment system, lack of efficiency is present because the whole system is maintained manually by a clerk who can easily be distracted to the factors present around him. In that case, mistakes may happen. And you will face the odds of having a wrong appointment time set. So, it is a very inefficient system to operate.
4. Hard to access: Another problem of this system is that it is very hard to make an access to the system because you have no other option to enter this system except physically. So, it is very hard to work with this kind of system in todays world where everything is moving so fast. Today, time is money. To waste time on an appointment is a bad investment you can easily avoid.
5. No 24×7 operations: In a traditional appointment system the data for an appointment is kept by a clerk so it is not possible for him to work 24 hours a day. So, the appointment system is only open during standard working hours. It is quite hard for anyone who is living in a different region to make an appointment due to time differences.
These are problems of traditional appointment system which definitely show us that its time to move onto a more efficient online appointment system.